Nikon D750 Advisory January 20, 2015
Nikon has received indications from some users that when photographing scenes in which a bright light source, such as the sun or high-intensity lighting, is at a certain position along the top border of the frame, flare with an unnatural shape may sometimes occur in images captured with the D750 digital SLR camera.
- Enter your D750 serial number as instructed. Results for the serial number entered will be displayed.
- If these results show that your camera is one of those affected, instructions for requesting repairs will be displayed.
- “If your camera is not one of those affected, rest assured that you may continue using your camera without concern for this issue.“
If your camera is affected, as confirmed with serial number check above you will be provided with information on requesting service from your nearest Nikon service center.
- The service center will inspect and repair light-shielding components, and adjust AF sensor position, to reduce the occurrence of unnaturally shaped flare FREE of charge.
- These repairs and adjustments will not have any effect on autofocus precision, or on the performance of other camera functions.
Please understand that even with these measures, all digital SLR cameras may experience flare when backlit scenes are being captured.