Nikon Canada: ‘Picture Your World’ Photo Contest Runs Weekly 2015 for Canada: Upload Your Photos from 12 am on May 1, 11, 18, 25 to 11:59 pm ET on May 10, 17, 24, 31, RespectivelyMon April 27, 2015
This is an update to these previous blogs:
- Nikon Scholarships for Canadian Photography Students in Canada or Abroad to Attend Magnum Masterclass: Applications to Be Received Before 6 PM EST Apr.30, 2015, and
- You’re Invited: Nikon Lecture Series & Cleaning of Nikon Products @ No Cost in Toronto May 6, 13, 20 & 27 + Guided Photo Walk-Chance to Win a Nikon Coolpix AW 130 @ No Cost May 23, 2015.
The Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival, one of Canada’s premier cultural events, will showcase over 1,000 Canadian and international artists and photographers exhibiting at 175 venues throughout Toronto.
- During the month of May, an extensive range of exhibitions, public installations, lectures, and workshops will be presented to more than one million people.
- On the first day of the CONTACT Photography Festival – May 1, 2015 – Nikon Canada will open the Picture Your World photo contest to legal residents of Canada who, at time of entry, are of the age of majority in their province of residence (“Eligible Entrants”).
We want to see your world in photos! We’re looking for creative views, colourful events and inspired moments that best define what ‘Picture Your World’ means to you.
Each week of the Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival, we’ll focus on a different assignment and eagerly await your submissions. Judges will be looking at how your photo best reflects our thematic focus: Picture Your World.
“Who or what defines your world? Every photo captures an indelible moment in time, celebrating our artistic identity and creative expression. Our photographic images define who we are and express a unique perspective on the world we live in.”
- Each weekly Picture Your World Photo Contest* winner – selected by a panel of judges – will receive one (1)Nikon D5500 HD-SLR with 18-55mm VR II Lens (approximate retail value $999.95) and one (1) $50.00 Gift Certificate from Vistek.
- One grand prize winner will be selected by public community voting (from June 5 to June 12, 2015) at https://contactfestivalnikon.ca/contact-contest-2015.php .
- That winner will receive a one (1) 18” x 24” signed Limited Edition (1 of 25) Chromogenic Print titled Extended Breathing with Moving Grasses (2009) by Suzy Lake (approximate retail value $1,500.00) (the “Grand Prize”)
- The winning photo will also be featured at https://contactfestivalnikon.ca/contact-contest-2015.php, on the Nikon Canada Facebook and Twitter and YouTube pages, and on the CONTACT website.
Picture Your World Photo Contest Periods & Deadlines (4)
There are four weekly Picture Your World Photo contests that runs during the following dates (the “Contest Periods”) for these assignments regarding the thematic focus: “Picture Your World”:
- Week 1 – 12:00 a.m. ET on Friday, May 1, 2015 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 10, 2015:
- “Enrich Your World: Show us your perspective on a world that is enriched by colours, or uses vibrant colours to demonstrate artistic expression.”
- Week 2 – 12:00 a.m. ET on Monday, May 11, 2015 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 17, 2015:
- “Illuminate Your World: Use light in a creative way to picture your world.”
- Week 3 – 12:00 a.m. ET on Monday, May 18, 2015 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 24, 2015:
- “Explore Your World: Explore the world from inside overlooked architecture, hidden infrastructure or simply unique perspectives of your town, your city or your world.”
- Week 4 – 12:00 a.m. ET on Monday, May 25, 2015 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 31, 2015:
- “Share Your World: We share the world with animals and people. Show us who or what has made your world a special place.”
Start planning “Picture Your World” photos now around these weekly assignments.
The entry deadline for each Contest Period is 11:59 ET on the Sunday of each of the above Contest Periods (“Contest Closing Date(s)”).