McAfee Mobile Security Receives Highest Rank on Android Mobile Security Lab Report and Enhances Privacy ProtectionTue April 23, 2013
This video presents “McAfee Mobile Security at MWC13″:
- McAfee Mobile Security Demo at Mobile World Congress 2013
- McAfee Mobile Security app for Android designed to keep you safe from malware, bad apps and bad websites
McAfee today announced that McAfee Mobile Security, a comprehensive solution for protection against unwanted programs, received a perfect score on the most recent mobile security test by independent research lab AV-Test.
Additionally, McAfee announced that McAfee Mobile Security has been updated with new privacy controls and the option for users to select a monthly subscription for their Android-based smartphones and tablets.
McAfee Mobile Security:
- combats the privacy threats associated with risky apps:
It is now equipped with the most robust privacy protection technology available to consumers
- scans app permissions
- checks apps for associations with risky URLs
- offers App Lock:
which allows Android users to protect installed apps against misuse by locking them with the same PIN that’s tied to their McAfee Mobile Security account
- does not reduce the battery life of a device
- does not slow down the device during normal usage
Cybercriminals continue to widen their nets with mobile threats to take advantage of the explosion in mobile devices and steal confidential and personal data:
- Every user requires protection against viruses and malware, data theft and loss, privacy breaches, and Web scams
Illustrating the importance of installing security protection on mobile devices, a recent survey released by McAfee Canada and Harris Interactive showed that:
- 30% of Canadian smartphone/tablet owners do not pay attention to permissions when downloading apps
- 83% of Canadian smartphone/tablet owners are concerned that their personal information could be stolen while using an app
- 68% of Canadians connect to free Wi-Fi on any device
- 92% of Canadians believe there is at least a little risk to personal identity when using free Wi-Fi on a mobile device
A FREE two-week trial of McAfee Mobile Security software is available on Google Play.
McAfee Mobile Security Receives Highest Rank on Android Mobile Security Lab Report by AV-Test
McAfee Mobile Security enhances privacy protection, offers flexibility with monthly subscription option
MARKHAM, Ontario – April 23, 2013 – McAfee today announced that McAfee® Mobile Security, an all-inclusive solution for protection against unwanted programs, received the highest score on the most recent mobile security test by independent research lab AV-Test, putting it at the top of the list of 26 security companies included in the report. In addition, McAfee announced that McAfee Mobile Security has been updated with new privacy controls and the option for users to select a monthly subscription for their Android-based smartphones and tablets.
Mobile devices have become an increasingly attractive target for cybercriminals who are now going to great lengths to insert infected apps into trusted sources such as Google Play. According to the recently released Mobile Security: McAfee Consumer Trends Report, the average consumer has a one in six chance of downloading a risky app. The results from AV-Test’s research demonstrate McAfee’s commitment to providing consumers with the most comprehensive security and privacy solution on the market.