Enjoy photography! Photoxels helps you improve — and therefore enjoy — your photography.
Our tutorials are easy-to-understand, immensely practical and we encourage a friendly social environment where you can ask questions and help answer other people’s questions.
You won’t find any technical graphs and jargons on the pages of Photoxels. Photography terms are explained using everyday language. We talk to you as though we were facing each other over coffee (or tea) sitting in the outside patio of a quaint bistro. It’s more a friendly conversation than a boring lecture. When it needs to get more complicated than a conversation, we hold your hand every step of the way. After all, how can you improve your photography if you can’t understand the tutorial, eh?
Practical, Immediately Usable
What makes our tutorials different is that we research each subject thoroughly, try it first ourselves to see if it works, refine, personalize and only when we feel happy with the results do we set pixels to screen to bring you a tutorial that we know works. Our tutorials are therefore not only easy-to-understand but also immensely practical! They are not theory copied from the Internet and accompanied with pictures copied from Flickr. You get practical advice that has been tried and tested — and that you can apply right away to improve your photography.
Friendly Social Environment
Our free online tutorials allow you to learn at your own pace. Then, when you feel ready, you can comment on a tutorial, share results, even improve the tutorial. Your comments and photos are welcomed.
OK, now we have to cover some legalese…
Disclaimers: Our Errors & Making Your Own Decision
Though we try to be very careful about the information we put on this site, errors may creep in and manufacturers may change specifications. Included accessories and available colors vary by country. Please verify with the manufacturer’s site for the latest specifications before making your purchase.
Readers also often ask us for digital camera recommendations. We cannot recommend which digital camera is the best one for you because there are too many personal variables to consider. We try to cover all the best digital cameras and provide a number of independent reviews for each camera you may be interested in. When we recommend a product, it’s because we like it — you and other reviewers may have a different opinion. And that’s fine. So, do not base your purchase decision on our personal opinions or that of only one reviewer; we all have personal bias, so by all means, get a second opinion. You are the best person to decide which digital camera is best for you.
From day one, this site has been independently supported by the ads on these pages and by your purchases through the advertisers on this site. We earn a small commision from every purchase you make. You have to surf through the links on our site, and you are not limited to purchasing digital cameras only: CDs, DVDs, books, toys, apparel, even pots and pans — anything on PriceGrabber.com, PriceGrabber.ca, Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, B&H Photo Video, Adorama (and our other advertisers), including the proverbial kitchen sink, is game. Thank you for your support!
There are other ways you can help that does not include buying anything. Tell your friends about us! If you enjoy a tutorial, review or article, tweet it, pin it, share it and email it to your friends. If you have a web site, tell your readers about us.
The products that are reviewed on this site are mostly loaned to us by the manufacturers, after which the products are returned to the manufacturers. A review is usually based on an actual production model, is unbiased and a result of actual use and testing of the product during the loan period.
Press Releases from the manufacturers are clearly marked as such.
Sometimes a manufacturer will allow us to keep a product that we have reviewed (small items, downloaded software) and we will clearly disclose this as per the FTC’s guidelines on what is considered an endorsement. If a manufacturer pays us to blog about a product, we will clearly mark it as a “SPONSORED POST.” Our editorial policy is to accept sponsored posts only for products we would recommend to our readers and conversely not to accept sponsored posts for products we would not recommend to our readers.
- All trademarks, service marks, and Copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
- All content and image samples on this site are the property of Photoxels, unless otherwise specified.
- Visitors may download a copy of an image sample and print it on their personal printer for examination purposes.
- Other than this explicit usage, content and images may not be reproduced, distributed, used as framed photos or in other paper or digital form without the express written consent of Photoxels.
- You may link back to one of our articles and copy a portion of it (no hard and fast rule how many words, but be reasonable: one short paragraph, and certainly not a whole page) or paraphrase it — as long as you clearly link back to the original article in question. You may not link to our site inside a frame on your site or give the impression any of the content on this site originates from your site. All content and images (including screen capture) are copyrighted and may not be used without permission of the editors of Photoxels.
Amazon Affiliate Advertising Programmes:
- Photoxels is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, endless.com or smallparts.com.
- Photoxels is a participant in the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.ca.
- Photoxels is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.
– Updated January 06, 2013
Read our Privacy Statement here.
There, we got the obligatory legal stuff out of the way!
We hope you enjoy Photoxels. Thank you for visiting and we hope you will join our community.