Panasonic VariCam LT
Panasonic unveiled the VariCam LT, representing the next generation of 4K cinema cameras. The VariCam LT camcorder inherits the same super 35mm sensor and imaging capabilities that distinguish the award-winning VariCam 35, but with significant reductions in size, weight and price.
The following video presents “AFRICA” The Sample Footage of Panasonic’s New Cinema VariCam LT from Cinema VariCam™ on Vimeo.
- This footage was shot by Panasonic’s new VariCam LT the super 35mm 4K cinema camera (engineering sample).
- Resolution: UHD 23.98p, Codec: AVC-Intra 4K 4:2:2, Gamma: V-Look mode (new cine-like gamma).
- DP: Sandesh Kadur – Felis Creations Pvt. Ltd – www.felis.in
- Music Credit: Al Lethbridge
- Editor: Robin Darius Conz
Key highlights of Panasonic VariCam LT include:
- Same Imager as VariCam 35
- Native 4K/60p Shooting
- 14+ Stops of Wide Latitude
- Dual Native ISO of 800/5000
- Expansive Color Gamut
- Scene Files and V-LOOK
- Infrared Shooting (IR)
- 2K/HD 240p Slow Motion
- Detachable Control Panel with Monitor
- Standard HD SDI Interface for EVF
- In-camera Color Grading
- Main and Proxy Recording
- Multiple Codec 4K/UHD/2K/HD Recording:the VariCam LT can record 4K (4096 x 2160) or UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution. For 2K recording, the VariCam LT supports AVC-Intra 2K444/2K422/2K-LT. For HD recording, the VariCam LT supports AVC-Intra 444/422/100/LT and Apple ProRes 4444/HQ. Using the 256 GByte expressP2 card, the camera can record approximately 90 minutes of 23.98p 4K video with AVC-Intra 4K422.
* ProRes is licensed from Apple Inc. Apple ProRes codec from Atomos under license. Atomos is trademark and copyright of Atomos Global Pty. Ltd.
- Monitoring Output Terminals
Panasonic VariCam LT: Rear Side Connectors
RAW output from SDI is planned to be supported by a firmware upgrade in early summer 2016.
The VariCam LT will be available at the end of March in two packages, suggested list price USD $18,000 (body only) and suggested list price USD $24,000 (body + AU-VCVF10G viewfinder).
For more info about the Varicam LT, please visit http://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/varicam/lt/index.html .
Panasonic Announces Compact 4K Super 35 VariCam LT Cinema Camcorder
February 10, 2016 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
NEWARK, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Panasonic today unveiled the VariCam LT, representing the next generation of 4K cinema cameras. The VariCam LT camcorder inherits the same super 35mm sensor and superb imaging capabilities that distinguish the award-winning VariCam 35, but with significant reductions in size, weight and price.
Panasonic VariCam LT: Super 35 mm Imager and EF Lens Mount (Panasonic does not guarantee the compatibility or performance of all EF lenses). Image Courtesy of Panasonic
Incorporating this identical imaging “DNA” in a more compact rendition, the VariCam LT (model AU-V35LT1G) delivers 14+ stops of dynamic range with V-Log, and the esteemed cinematic VariCam image quality and color science, as well as the VariCam 35’s breakout innovation, dual native ISOs of 800/5000.
Panasonic VariCam LT: 14+ Stop Wide Latitude. Image Courtesy of Panasonic