This is an update to these previous blogs:
- You’re Invited: Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of 2016 CONTACT Photography Festival May 1-31 + Nikon Lecture Series at No Cost in Toronto, Canada, May 3 (Complimentary Sensor Cleaning of Your Nikon D-SLR Cameras), May 10 & 17, and
- Nikon + Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival: “Reflections” Photo Contest for Canada: Submit Your Original Photo with Description & Form Per Entry During Weekly Contest Periods and Before 11:59 p.m. ET on May 31, 2016.
On behalf of Nikon Canada, welcome to the 2016 Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival!
This year marks a very special milestone in the Festival’s history. In May, CONTACT 2016 celebrates the 20th anniversary of this signature event, and Nikon Canada is proud to be the official camera partner for the sixth straight year. The Festival is a natural extension of Nikon’s longstanding support of Canadian and international photographers who are passionate about creative dialogue and expression through the arts.
Our ongoing mission is to holistically grow the photography community in Canada. We do that through our Nikon Canada Ambassador Program and various local and national partnerships and initiatives. CONTACT is a key part of this effort.
CONTACT 2016 will see more than 1,500 artists and photographers exhibiting at more than 175 venues throughout the Greater Toronto Area. Plus, our weekly lectures featuring our Nikon Ambassadors – some of the best photographers in Canada – let you gain new insights from world-class authorities on photographic arts. And now, during CONTACT’s 20th anniversary, we hope you will be inspired and encouraged to reflect on your experiences.
Thank you for being a part of this very special celebration of photographic artistry. We hope your experience and participation at this year’s CONTACT is rewarding and aspirational, and that it encourages you to take your passion for photography to new heights.
I look forward to seeing you there!
President & CEO, Nikon Canada Inc.
Nikon Canada has returned as a camera partner for the Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival, and will be presenting its popular lecture series each Tuesday in May. World-class photographers Nick Didlick, Craig Minielly, Michelle Valberg and Kristian Bogner will be sharing their techniques, tricks and experiences.
Nikon Canada and CONTACT are also running a weekly photo contest. The “Reflections” contest offers a weekly prize of a D5500 kit. The Grand Prize winner will win a limited edition print donated by CONTACT.
New this year, in cooperation with CONTACT, Nikon Canada launches its youth project: Community. The Arts Committee at West Region 6 of the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) is hosting a digital photography contest, ‘Community,” for grade 1-8 students across its 23 schools.
Community can mean different things to different people. Among them – Community can be defined as follows: 1) a group of people living in the same place or having something in common; 2) a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of common interests and goals; 3) a similarity or identity.
The following silent video presents Nikon COOLPIX Spring 2015: How to transfer images by NFC.
- Share files and memories in an instant with the new COOLPIX S3700.
- Learn how to transfer images from your camera to any smart device with a single tap using Near Field Communication (NFC).
- The contest focuses on the theme of “Community” where students are encouraged to submit their community-themed images for a chance to have their photographs on display and win a Nikon D-SLR camera. Nikon Canada has donated 20 COOLPIX S3700 cameras to the Arts Committee for students to use, and will also provide each of the three winning students with a D3300 D-SLR with 18-55mm VR lens kit.
- Each school will select three final images for display at a gallery showing on Wednesday, May 11 at 3:30 p.m. at Islington Junior Middle School.
- A panel of judges from CONTACT and TDSB will select three winners out of 69 finalists to become the grand prize winners.
- The three winning photos will be on display at the 2016 CONTACT Photography Festival website and at http://contactfestivalnikon.ca/#/youth-project .
- For inspiration and photo tips, please visit http://contactfestivalnikon.ca/#/youth-project .
Enjoy and Good Luck! / Profitez-en et bonne chance!
Nikon Canada returns as official camera partner for 20th annual Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival
Activities include “Reflections” photo contest, four lectures by Nikon Canada Ambassadors and a youth project
Mississauga, ON, May 2, 2016 – For the sixth year in a row, Nikon Canada is partnering with Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival to celebrate photographic excellence with a series of events and activities. CONTACT is an annual event in May with more than 1,500 artists in 200 exhibitions and events in the Greater Toronto Area. (more…)