Nikon D5500, Nikon 1 J5 and Nikon COOLPIX S33 Cameras Win the “Good Design Award”; Nikon F6 Camera and Nikkor Lenses Win the “Good Design Long Life Design Award”; Nikon COOLPIX P900 Camera Wins the Prestigious “Good Design Best 100 Award”Wed October 7, 2015
The following video presents Nikon COOLPIX P900: Expand your shooting possibilities with 83x zoom:
Unlock a new world of shooting possibilities with the 16.1-megapixel COOLPIX P900, the most powerful COOLPIX zoom yet. Subjects that are barely visible with the naked eye can now be captured in perfect clarity using the spectacular 83x optical zoom and if that’s still not close enough, the 166x Dynamic Fine Zoom will almost double your reach. Enjoy the freedom to shoot Full HD videos and stills handheld, while the Dual Detect Optical Vibration Reduction keeps your visuals sharp and steady. Flip out the 3-inch vari-angle LCD monitor for a creative new angle or use high performance video functions such as Time-lapse to capture the world in a way you’ve never tried before. When you’re done, share your images effortlessly by connecting to a compatible smart device using the built-in Wi-Fi® and NFC capabilities.
Nikon recently announced that their products are the recipients of the “Good Design Award” sponsored by Japan Institute of Design Promotion.
The Good Design Award is a comprehensive design-promotion system that picks good design out of a variety of unfolding phenomena, and aims to enrich our lives, industries, and society as a whole by highlighting and celebrating these works. It is hosted by the Japan Institute for Design Promotion, a public interest incorporated foundation.
The compact digital camera “COOLPIX P900” is one of the prize-winning products, which also wins “Good Design Best 100”.
Selection of Good Design BEST 100
- Among all recipients of Good Design Award, Good Design BEST 100 are selected for their exceptional originality, proposals, beauty and perfection and with the jury’s high commendation for their groundbreaking design.
- From the BEST 100 will be chosen special awards such as Good Design Gold Award.
- Good Design Best 100
Good Design Long Life Design Award
- This award honours products that have been manufactured and sold for more than 10 years and gained wide popularity in the market.
- The winning entries of Good Design Award and Good Design Long Life Design Award will be displayed at Good Design Exhibition 2015 (G Exhibition) at Tokyo Midtown from Oct. 30.
- The announcement for special awards including Good Design Gold Award will be on Oct. 30 and for Good Design Grand Award on Nov. 4.
Selection of Good Design Grand Award
- Good Design Grand Award, deemed the design of the year 2015, will be chosen out of the candidates announced on Oct. 30.
- Good Design Award jury, winners of Good Design Award 2015 and visitors to the G Exhibition will cast vote and the winning entry will be announced on Nov. 4.
Good Design Award 2015Nikon products receive the “Good Design Award”, “Good Design Long Life Design Award” and “Good Design Best 100”
October 2, 2015
Nikon Corporation (Kazuo Ushida, President) and its subsidiary, Nikon Vision Co., Ltd. (Koichiro Onoue, President) are pleased to announce that their products are the recipients of the “Good Design Award” sponsored by Japan Institute of Design Promotion.
The compact digital camera “COOLPIX P900” which is one of the prize-winning products, also wins “Good Design Best 100”.
The film SLR camera “Nikon F6”, the Fieldscopes “Fieldscope ED50” “Fieldscope ED50 A” and NIKKOR Lenses win “Good Design Long Life Design Award”.
“Good Design Best 100” winning product
Compact Digital Camera